Monday, July 2, 2012

School's Out For Summer

Singing this in my head thanks to Alice Cooper and am I ever so glad that it is!  I've got the next two months off and then heading back to take A&P II in the fall.  I made an A in my summer class!  I figured out that I can do anything that I set my mind too and if I surround myself with people who  love, support and care for me, that I can touch the stars.  It was a tough month with no life, but I did it and I'm so proud of myself.


So summer is here for me.  What am I going to do???  Enjoy being mom until my son heads back to school in 4 1/2 weeks.  I can't believe that summer is just starting for me but half-way over for him!  My daughter goes back after Labor Day, so she'll get a few weeks of one-on-one Mommy time.  


I'm also going to get to spend some much needed time with my new Dom.  Things are going very very well with him.  I'm still a little hesitant to put myself out there too much thanks to Asshole (yes, my new name for my last Dom).  I'm just trying to take it slowly and make sure I don't get burned again.  Right now, in NRE, it's truly wonderful.  But happens when the NRE wears off?  I have some reservations about him being single.  He's the first single guy I've been with and I don't want to tie him down to me when he can be with a woman who can give him a future.   As he's told me, it's not an issue.  But what happens if 6 months, a year, two years down the line, when I'm fully vested in this relationship and completely in love with him, he wants someone who can give him a marriage and children?  Someone who he can grow old with?  I'm not leaving my husband, who is my "forever love" to start a new life with someone else.  So I get hurt, again.  He finds a woman who can give him everything and I'm left picking up my heart again.  I guess it's a chance you take in any relationship.  I have to trust him that he's never going to intentionally hurt me.  He told me yesterday that he promises to be overly honest with me and protect me.  That I'm his girl and he takes that seriously.  I have to trust that.  That's all I can do.  



No comments:

Post a Comment