Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tired

I'm tired.  I'm just so very tired.  

I had an emergency hysterectomy 6 days ago.  I'm healing very nicely, getting back to normal.  Back to driving, climbing stairs very slowly at times, school work, being mom and wife.  I think that everything is healing fine until I do something stupid, like pick my daughter up to put her in time out and jerk myself in the wrong direction and then I hurt.  I really really pain-pill hurt.  I'm only 6 days post-op from a major abdominal surgery.  I have 4 incisions in my now rainbow colored bruised stomach.  I AM NOT BACK TO NORMAL YET.  

I'm getting so tired of having to rely on someone else to get something done around here.  Tonight when I hurt myself, my husband was standing there while my daughter was completely ignoring me and being to start a temper tantrum.  What is he doing???  Checking his email on his phone while I have to deal with it, standing not 8 feet away from her.  Totally ignoring what was going on until I picked her up and put her in time out and then he says "Are you ok"?  Do I LOOK ok as I'm grabbing at my lower abdomen because I feel something pull in a direction that it isn't supposed to be pulled in?  Maybe if you had been paying attention to the situation instead of your fucking phone, you would have noticed what was going on.  

Same situation with the household chores.  He's blind and oblivious until I have to TELL him to do something.  I can't lift anything, I can't do a lot of bending. All of that means that I can't do the laundry, empty or load the dishwasher, take out the garbage, pick up my daughter, give her a bath leaning over the tub.  So why, last night, did I have to do all of these???  He started a load of laundry, but have any of it been folded?  No, still sitting in the basket on the floor of the laundry room 2 days later.  I can't lift the damn basket to carry it into the living room and I can't bend over and pull each piece out of the basket to fold everything.  

I'm just frustrated.  I feel like if I ask him to do something, that I get negative feedback, so instead I do it myself and end up worn out and pissed off that I'm not getting the help I need.  I realize that I do 95% of the chores around here and that he works full-time and that he's not used to having to do much of anything around here.  But these aren't normal times!  I just had my reproductive organs taken out of my body 6 days ago!  I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ASK!!!  

And then I have an exam coming up in two days that I've been studying my ass off for.  I'm trying to maintain an "A" average, but at this point, I just don't care.  I'm too tired to care.  

I just want to be healed and back to normal again.  And I know that I will be soon.  But soon can't get here fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment